The Metro Atlanta Chapter will be revising and voting on amendments to our chapter bylaws. Our bylaws are critical, as they govern our chapter processes and operations. All financial members of the Metro Atlanta Chapter are entitled to give input and feedback.
This message provides the official notice of the Bylaws Amendment and Voting Process, which will are as follows:
- You will have 30 days to submit any additional amendment proposals by completing the appropriate form due Friday, May 26, 2023.
- During the June 2023 General Body Meeting, there will be a presentation on the bylaws amendment process but no vote will be taken.
- In mid-June 2023, you will receive a follow up email with the full slate of proposed amendments and a link to your ballot to cast a vote. Paper ballots will also be mailed at that time to those who requested them by June 1, 2023.
- The voting window will be approximately one week. All deadlines will be outlined on the ballot.
- A two-thirds majority is required to amend the bylaws.
Below you will find links to the current chapter bylaws and the form to propose additional amendments. In order to fill out the Bylaws Amendment form, members will have to save the form in Word format, then prior to sending it back, they must save it in a PDF format. Remember, these forms are due Friday, May 26, 2023
and should be submitted by email to Parliamentarian@FAMUAtlantaAlumni.org. Financial membership status will be verified prior to the acceptance of your proposal.
If you would like a paper ballot mailed to you instead of voting electronically, please send an email with the subject line "Ballot Request" with your full name and mailing address to CorrespondingSecretary@FAMUAtlantaAlumni.org no later than June 1, 2023.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact the Parliamentarian at the above email address.
Donna K. Allen