METRO ATLANTA ALUMNI 2018 LOCAL ELECTIONS INFORMATION
DECLARATION OF CANDIDACY FOR OFFICE THROUGH NOMINATIONS
Calling all Rattlers! The 2018 Nominations for the Metro Atlanta Alumni Chapter Officers Election will officially begin at our Monday, September 10th General Body Meeting held at the Mechanicsville Library, 400 Formwalt Street, Atlanta, GA 30312 from 6:30-7:45pm.
The floor will be open for nominations/declarations for the following positions:
* All nominees for office shall be financial members. Additionally only regular members are permitted to hold the office of President.
* Each nominee not wishing to serve must decline the nomination. All nominees declining a nomination shall be required to give a verbal or written statement of intent one (1) month prior to election.
* Election of Officers: The officers shall be nominated two (2) months prior to their election. Therefore they shall hold office for a term of two (2) years.
* The President shall appoint a nominating committee from the Regular members of the association consisting of three (3) members. The nominating committee shall develop a slate of officers consisting of the aforementioned positions.
* Nominations of officers shall be accepted from September GBM through the October GBM. Nominations will officially close at the end of the October General Body Meeting.
* Elections shall be conducted in November. Nominations may be received from the floor provided the nominee meets all prerequisites.
* Elections shall be done by secret ballot. Voting will take place during the November meeting and voting ballot sent vial email.
Please note: all statements listed above come directly from our Bylaws ARTICLE SIX-Election Procedures
If you plan to run for an elected position, you may send your nominations to the nominating committee at the email address below: